20 August 2012

France holiday, 20th August

Today, after very little sleep, it was time for my first visit to Disneyland! Paul had got free tickets. We packed the car up again and set off for Marne la VallĂ©e, stopping en route for coffee and pancakes. When we arrived we were shocked to find that we had to pay 15€ for the privilege of parking! We were not paying to get in but for those who were paying 74€ per person to get in, it was a little cheeky.

We had a long walk from the car park to the entrance helped by travelators.
I don't think I could have managed that walk with my dodgy foot!! We had to queue of course for tickets and finally swapped our booking form from Sky for tickets.

Paul on travelator







 

 
The train we managed to get on!
The engine lurking behind the trees!

One of the many, many queues 
I have to say I was quite underwhelmed. Too many children (I know) and too many sweaty, smelly adults for my liking. Too many queues and too long to wait to get on any rides. Too hot as well! We did go on a train ride round one of the parks and only got on that by luck rather than judgement. Being in the right place at the right time! I know I sound like a grumpy old woman but I was really disappointed. Even the fast food restaurants weren't fast -:( !

After a few hours we had both had enough and decided to call it a day, walk the miles back to the car and head out of Paris to Beaumont sur Sarthe where we were to stay that night .

We arrived at Beaumont about 1815hrs and checked into the hotel. I was hoping it was going to be cooler but it was still in the late 20's. After changing we walked into the old town for a quick look and then had a cool beer before dinner in the hotel.


The meal was good. Paul had gizzards for the first time (as a starter) which he was not sure about but they were delicious. I had a prawn cocktail but with avocado and egg - delicious. We both had steak as a main course and for dessert I had apple tart and Paul had chocolate and vanilla ice cream. Everything was beautifully presented.

After dinner we walked down to the river then went back to the hotel room for another virtually sleepless night!

No comments:

Post a Comment